Design and 3D modelling • Wingsail shipping concept • bluetechnology.dk • 2010 - Present.
- Development of a completely new type of ship which, via the technologies of wing sails, multi-hull and lightweight materials, paves the way for zero emission maritime transport.
- Since 2010, I have been responsible for illustrations and participated in the development of the design.
- The concept where first time introduced at the SMM in Hamburg (SMM‚ the worlds leading maritime trade fair at Hamburg Messe) in September 2017, garnering plenty of praise, leading to a establishment skilled advisory board.
- In 2018, we obtained support from the Danish Maritime Foundation and have since then implemented a “Proof Of Concept” with very promising results.
- This type of ship can carry large quantities of cargo without the use of fossil fuels and still at a good speed (average 17 knots on a route across the Atlantic).
- The next loop consists of a JIP that runs over 2021 and 2022 and results in us achieving a TRL6 (Technology Readiness Level 6), after which the EU can take “part ownership” for a period and make sure to spread the technology.
- Potentially, these ships could reduce world CO2 emissions by 2-3% before we hit 2050.
Articles about the concept
Customers | Overview of customers.
Portfolio | Consultant
Projects - in production and concepts, Internship at Volkswagen, own Projects • school projects.
Press | Articles, and news letters.
Roug Design | Services, contract, profile, to job applicants,
Dream Team, newsletters.
Contact | Send an e-mail
via a form mail, network and profile websites.
Sitemap | Overview
of all activities on the website.
Roug design / Lars Roug • Langebjergvej 558 • 3050 Humlebaek
• Phone +45 36 96 45 58 • Skype: larsroug
Linkedin | Coroflot | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Mewe | My.flightradar24